These Zucchini and Beef Mince Patties are great to enjoy for a weekend family BBQ dinner or you can take them along as a contribution to a group BBQ for something a little bit different. The cream cheese adds a lovely, subtle flavour and the zucchini adds a healthy vegetable element. Yum!
I love food like this where you can prepare it in advance – it makes dinner time a breeze! Serve these bad boys with some mashed potato and a salad on the side for an easy peasey healthy family meal.
Zucchini and Beef Mince Patties
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 250g zucchini, coarsely grated, moisture squeezed out
- 500g beef mince
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 2 Tbsp. chopped dill
- 60g cream cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup (3o g) fresh or dried bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Combine the zucchini, beef mince, onion, dill, cream cheese, egg and bread crumbs in a bowl. Season and form into 12 patties.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium and cook patties for 4 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through (or cook on the BBQ).