I am all for a delicious and easy mid-week recipe when I don’t have a lot of time to fuss in the kitchen. I could not believe how delicious this Mushroom and Garlic Prawn Risotto was and IT WAS MADE IN THE MICROWAVE!! Yes that’s right. No laborious stirring with this recipe. No way hosay!
Load the ingredients in your microwave bowl then let the microwave do its thing. All you need to do is give it a quick mix half way through, add the rest of the ingredients and you’re off! I’m going to play around with the ingredient and flavour combinations and come up with a few winners to share with you.
Mushroom and Garlic Prawn Risotto
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 220 g (1 cup) Arborio rice
- 150 g (5 oz) small cap mushroom, thinly sliced
- 625 ml (2 ½ cups) chicken stock
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) dry white wine
- 350 g (12 oz) green prawns, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 20 g (1 oz) butter
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh continental parsley
- Grated or shaved parmesan cheese to serve
- Combine the oil, onion and garlic in a deep microwave-safe dish. Cover and cook on high/ 800watts/100% for 4 minutes.
- Add the rice, mushrooms, stock and wine. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Cook, covered, on high/100% for 10 minutes.
- Stir then cook, covered on high/100% for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the prawns, butter and parsley and stir to combine. Set aside covered, for 5 minutes or until the prawns are cook through.
- Serve, sprinkled with parmesan cheese on top and a salad on the side.