I couldn’t believe how easy this Spinach and Pear Salad with Walnuts was to make. Apart from pan frying the pear, all you have to do is mix and dress the salad. The combination of flavors work so well together and I think it looks good too. This is seriously good enough to serve at a casual dinner party – really!
If you are dishing this up to the family, I recommend using the Parmesan cheese however if you are serving it to visitors, fancy it up by substituting the Parmesan cheese with some crumbled blue cheese.
Spinach Pear Salad with Walnuts
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 ripe pears, cut into thin wedges
- 3 big handfuls of baby spinach, washed
- ¼ cup (15 g) walnuts
- Handful of shaved parmesan cheese or 1/3 cup (30 g) blue cheese
- Caramelized balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil spray
- Heat a large fry-pan and cook the pear for a few minutes on each side until golden. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Gently mix together the spinach, walnuts, cheese and pear and drizzle with caramelized balsamic vinegar.
- If you can’t find caramelized vinegar, you can serve this salad with a mix of balsamic vinegar and olive oil.