This easy Tomato Zucchini Bake can be prepared in about 15 minutes flat and then kept in the fridge until dinner time (I usually serve this as a side dish). Our tribe loves anything with bacon and cheese so this was always going to be a hit in our house. If you do happen to have any leftovers, you can mix it through some cooked pasta for a fast dinner the next day, or just heat it up and enjoy it on its own for an easy lunch.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 rashers bacon, chopped
- 400 g (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup (90 g) grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 180C/355F and lightly grease a 20 cm square baking dish.
- Spray a deep frying pan with cooking spray then add the onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes or until soft. Add the bacon and cook for a further 3 minutes until the bacon is starting to brown.
- Stir through the canned tomatoes and then add the zucchini, cooking for a further 2 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking dish and top with grated cheese. Bake for around 45 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is golden on top.